The mission for Northern Ireland Volleyball is to develop
The priorities for NIVA are to:
- a thriving network of expanding clubs that provide enjoyment & access, irrespective of age or ability
- a network of strategic partnerships to deliver a quality volleyball experience
- an integrated programme of competition at all levels and their promotion
- an extensive programme of volunteer recruitment, training and retention.
- Become more professional, accountable & autonomous
- NIVA to become “Fit for Purpose”
- NIVA to employ 2 full –time staff to develop Participation and Talent ID / Coaching.
- Increase participation and develop a strong sustainable club structure
- Develop a quality workforce that can provide the right coach in the right place at the right time.
- Provide a clear pathway for progression of talented performers from school to RDS, Youth, Junior and Senior Squads whilst increasing the number of athletes with improved sporting performance
- Increase the participation in and the level of performance of Beach Volleyball
- Widen access to volleyball to underrepresented groups including players with a disability.
This will be a dynamic, forward looking plan that will be built on a sound foundation based on our good business practice and our existing network of clubs and dedicated volunteers.
The NIVA 2011-2016 Strategic Plan will enable us to identify and work with key agencies, such as the Local Sports Partnerships, in priority geographical areas.
Although this plan will be focused, with key objectives, it will also be flexible and respond to new ideas and take advantage of opportunities as they arise.
The plan will further develop a robust data collection and IT system that will allow us to collect, collate, analyse, and share up to date information with the membership and other agencies.